- Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
- Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry.
- Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
- Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
1 box Strawberry Jell-O
4 ounces tequila, preferably reposado or blanco
2 ounce Cointreau
Salt for garnish
- Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
- Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquour mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquour mixture to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour final Jell-o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.